Not known Facts About Vaughan Ontario Time
Not known Facts About Vaughan Ontario Time
Blog Article
Top Guidelines Of Vaughan Ontario Hotels
Table of ContentsVaughan On Things To Know Before You BuyVaughan Ontario Things To Know Before You Get ThisRumored Buzz on Vaughan Ontario WeatherThe Greatest Guide To Vaughan Ontario To TorontoThe Ultimate Guide To Vaughan Ontario To TorontoThe Single Strategy To Use For Vaughan Ontario WeatherThe Facts About Vaughan On Revealed
His kids, in link with their cousin, William Wright, constructed a tannery and grist mill. A fire in 1828 eaten the brand-new flour mill constructed by Mr.After his failure the property fell building the right into of David Macdougall & Co. On whole lot 34, concession 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, constructed a saw-mill in 1825, which was damaged by an incendiary fire 5 years later on, being rebuilt the following year - vaughan ontario weather.
The Single Strategy To Use For Vaughan On
It was again shed and reconstructed, and is still in operation. On whole lot 36, in the very same concession, Barnabas Lyons, a child of John Lyons, formerly stated, constructed a sawmill in the year 1839, which was benefited about thirty years. Hiram Dexter developed a saw-mill 011 whole lot 37, in the year 1836, which was in operation for numerous years.
On lot 41. Mr

A double-geared saw-mill was erected on whole lots 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Higher up, on the exact same branch of the stream, stood a distillery constructed by James McDavids in 1844.
About Vaughan On
Mr. Langstaff also had an implement manufacturing facility on one more small branch of the Don, in the prompt neighbourhood. This was constructed in 1850, a steel documents factory being afterwards included. On whole lot 50, giving in 1, a saw-mill was built, in 1842, by a guy named Heslop, and helped many years.
In all, there have been first to last twelve saw-mills, seven grist mills, and 3 distilleries, improved the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Town. The settlement of Vaughan was finished about thirty-five years after the arrival of the leaders. The general personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being heavy clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

The Ultimate Guide To Vaughan On
Of the populace in the latter year those of German beginning phoned number 993, being mainly the offspring of old inhabitants from Extra resources Pennsylvania. There were 5,248 indigenous Canadians, data occupiers of land numbered 824, of whom 500 were additionally owners. The complete area in line of work was 67,848 acres. In 1881 the online stock of the town numbered as follows: Livestock, 2,952; equines, 2,481; sheep, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Amongst the proprietors of pureblooded livestock are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and kids, and Edwin Langstaff. The metropolitan documents of Vaughan, which have not been maintained farther back than 1850, show that in that year the council was organized under the new regulation which then carne active by the election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the very first conference kept in the territory hall in the 5th concession, J. W. Wager was chosen reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was chosen territory clerk, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Porter, assessors. At a succeeding conference, Rev. James Penis was selected superintendent of Common Schools at a salary of 20.
The Only Guide to Vaughan Ontario Map

Arnold filled up the chair in 1861 and both following years, with William Chef as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was once more chosen reeve, and continued to hold the position umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve during the former year, and Thos. Graham for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship was up to Peter Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
The Greatest Guide To Vaughan Ontario Apartments
In this find more year All. G. J. F. Pearce, that had officiated as town clerk and treasurer for almost 10 years, surrendered, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was selected to prosper him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for four years. David Boyle was chosen reeve in 1872-3, and W. C. Patterson did well to the office in 1874, and retained it for numerous years.
The major local officials for 1884 are as follows: Reeve, T. Concierge, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Chef, Carville; second deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; area clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hill. Mr - vaughan ontario postal code. Lawrence is of U. E. Patriot beginning
Report this page